Golf is one of the most enjoyable sports out there. Many people, especially young adults, believe golf is boring, tiring or lame. That is so not true.
If you haven’t played it seriously yet, then you can’t argue against it.
Here are a few reasons why you should start to play golf.
- It challenges you. Golf is considered one of the hardest sports to learn. Being able to consistently hit the ball in an area you want it to go sometimes more than 250 yards away is way harder than it sounds. While it may be discouraging in the beginning, once you start to become more consistent, the game becomes that much more gratifying.
- It’s a great way to exercise. In golf, you are constantly standing, hitting the ball or rummaging through the woods to find that lost ball you know you will never find. Instead of taking a golf cart, save some money and get some exercise by walking the golf course. But, if you choose to walk, be ready for a workout! Carrying a bag full of clubs and balls more than 6500 yards, or 4 miles, can be tough. On the bright side, the average golfer is said to burn more than 1,500 calories just from playing an 18-hole round of golf. I’ll take that any day.
- It builds business connections. You can either be invited to go out on company outings or be stuck back at the office working. Golf is the businessman’s game. Therefore if you want to move up the business latter, it is in your best interest to learn the game of golf.You don’t need to be good, you just need to be decent. When your boss invites the office to a round of golf, you should try to take up that offer.
- Gives you a way to have fun with your friends. Golf provides a great opportunity to spend some quality time with your friends or your spouse. Having a common interest in the game of golf with a friend is a fun way to be social. Sure, you might work 60 hours during the week, but if you spend your Saturday at the course with your buddies, you’re going to have a great time. You get to know one another pretty well when you’re stuck on the golf course together for five hours.
- The gear is cool. It’s amusing, entertaining and even educational to get lost in all of golf’s little details: the dozens of different clubs, a glove, a ball marker, tees, green repair tools, interchangeable spikes, custom grips, shaft flexes, head covers, rain gear, global positioning equipment. There are so many different brands to choose from, whether it’s Callaway, PUMA, Antigua or Nike, you have plenty of options, price ranges and styles to choose from. Showing off your new look on the course is always a great feeling.
So, don’t put the game of golf on the back burner without giving it a chance first. If you haven’t attempted it, I highly encourage you to do so. It’s a game that you can play your entire life and will never get old. These five reasons might just change your mind and you might even be thankful for it.